Senior Mechnical Project Manager
WSP is one of the world’s leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 37,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transport networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We’re a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada’s Top 100 Infrastructure Projects .
At WSP , we’re proud, professional and passionate people. Join us.
WSP is currently seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our Mechanical and Electrical department, located at our Toronto (Spadina) office. Responsibilities include, meeting with clients and reviewing job site conditions in order to prepare scopes of work and client proposals, fee estimation, preparing engineered drawings and specifications for construction, construction project management and contract administration, preparation of feasibility studies, and engineering reports. The position encompasses full responsibility for project level management, design, construction, and operational contribution/profit as well as marketing/sales, and business development.
- Design of various building systems including HVAC Mechanical systems, Building Automation Systems, plumbing systems, building sustainability and energy efficiency strategies as applicable to Commercial and Tenant renovation type projects initially with expansion to other market sectors;
- Specific systems experience in: chillers and cooling plants, boilers and heating plants, steam and humidification systems, air handlers, fire protection, plumbing systems;
- Preparation of drawings and specifications, design calculations, Professional signing/sealing;
- Development, management, and maintenance of a variety of clients within various market sectors;
- Willing to take increasing role in company management and client relation tasks;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills;
- Professional Engineering (P. Eng.) License;
- Experience in problem solving, working under tight timelines;
- Good organization skills;
- Attention to detail and accuracy of work;
- Personable and strong team player;
- Ambitious and willing to grow within the company;
- Good Project Management and Marketing skills;
- Experience with BIM/Revit is considered an asset;
- Engineering consulting experience with quoting, engineering, and project management of base building systems in large commercial office towers, large mall/retail, and/or institutional settings;
- Ability to work in a fast paced and independent environment with minimal direct oversight;
- Minimum 8 years’ experience, compensation dependent on experience. All experience levels encouraged to apply.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
To learn more about our firm and the projects we have been involved in, please visit our World of Possibilitiesmicrosite.
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.