Trading Application Support Engineer Linux Red Hat RHEL WebSphere MQ Finance Banking New York City
New York City New York – $120k – $165k + 20% Bonus + 401kFull Time
Trading Application Support Engineer (Linux Red Hat RedHat RHEL Fixed Income Application Support WebSphere Web Sphere MQ Perl Bash Networking Trading Brokerage Finance Banking) required by trading client in New York City, New York (NYC, NY).
You MUST have the following experience:
- Current or recent trading or brokerage application support and implementation/release experience for Front Office or Middle Office applications
- RedHat Linux troubleshooting/basic administration (Red Hat/RHEL/RHCSA)
- Perl or Bash (bsh) Shell Scripting
- IBM WebSphere administration (Web Sphere/WAS/Message Queue/Message Queuing/MQ)
The following would be DESIRABLE:
- Experience with matching engines or trade surveillance platforms
- Basic networking (ssh, ping, netstat, tcpdump, traceroute)
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a similar technical field
- Knowledge of government Fixed Income trading (bonds, treasury, treasuries, T-notes)
Role: Trading Application Support Engineer (Linux, Red Hat, RedHat, RHEL, RHCSA, Perl, Bash, bsh, New York) within a team that support and implement trading applications and trade surveillance applications (Front Office/Middle Office) for Fixed Income products in the New York City office (New York, NY). You will be working with Linux based trading applications (Red Hat/RedHat/RHEL/RHCSA) on implementations, upgrades and support. You will be proficient in basic network trouble-shooting and Scripting in Perl or Bash. You must have current or recent experience with IBM WebSphere (Web Sphere/MQ/Message Queue/Message Queuing). You will be working in a fast-paced company with up-to-date technologies and excellent opportunities for progression.
The role is 30% project based. Over the next 12 months, you will be involved in the implementation of other 3rd party trading applications. You will also work on pre-production proof of concept before an application is released into production. Releases are managed on a quarterly basis. You will have a good awareness of release, change and incident management.
You will be:
– Self-motivated and eager to learn
– Able to communicate with technical and non-technical colleagues
Salary: $120k – $165k + 20% Bonus + Pension