Tell us your story. Don’t go unnoticed. Explain why you’re a winning candidate. Think “TD” if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here’s our story: jobs.td.com
Building a World-Class, Diverse and Inclusive Technology Team at TD
We can’t afford to be boring. Neither can you. The scale and scope of what TD does may surprise you. The rapid pace of change makes it a business imperative for us to be smart and open-minded in the way we think about technology. TD’s technology and business teams become more intertwined as new opportunities present themselves. This new era in banking does not equal boring. Not at TD, anyway.
The Enterprise Enabling Technology Services (EETS) team is the primary provider of technology services to the corporate areas across TD Bank. EETS also provides application shared services both to the bank’s business units and corporate areas. Responsible for driving the corporate technology strategy, EETS delivers short and long-term technology solutions to internal business partners, while consistently meeting the needs of the bank.
Within EETS, the Delivery Shared Services (DSS) team is responsible for the provision of technology project, program and portfolio management services in support of corporate initiatives.
Meaningful work is fueled by meaningful performance and career development conversations with your manager. Here’s some of what you may be asked to perform:
As part of the DSS team, the Program Manager will be responsible for:
- Experience working on large program (multiple projects)
- Experience in large, global Financial Institutions with multiple, cross functional stakeholders
- Experience managing package-enabled transformation (ideally: ERP – GL, Planning and Forecasting, Enterprise Finance data models and Governance
- Oracle experience is key, but any Finance package will be advantageous
- Knowledge of Finance business domain (such as Accounting, Financial Reporting, Funds Transfer Pricing, Asset and Liability Management, Planning and Forecasting)
The Program Manager position plays an integral role in supporting the organization’s Senior Leadership in achieving their objectives.
What can you bring to TD? Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. It helps if you have:
The general accountabilities of this role include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manages programs with a moderate to high level of regulatory oversight
- Manages programs with a moderate to high risk profile
- Oversees overall and consolidated program financials, benefits realization analysis and manages the overall program budget
- Considered as a subject matter expert within the LoB with comprehensive knowledge of the practices, procedures and principles of project / program management
- Typically leads the delivery of up to Tier 2 programs with a moderately high to high complexity profile
- Directly manages a team of Project Managers / Business Analysts and / or Specialized Resources to ensure talent needs and capabilities are developed to support long term goals for the unit
- Provide strategic guidance to business /functional leaders to ensure escalated concerns or regulatory or governance related program issues are appropriately managed
- Lead the delivery of System Upgrade or Application Development projects or assigned work packages from Initiation to Implementation
- Manage multiple project stakeholders from cross-functional teams, as well as interfacing with project leaders, technology specialists, professional staff, vendors and consultants.
- Engage executive sponsor to ensure active participation on project initiatives
- Effectively manage stakeholder expectations related to project cost, time, and scope of deliverables
- Establish effective project oversight and other governance bodies, and engages the correct levels to support the direction for the project
- Provide on-going communication to key stakeholders, including the Project Sponsor, Program Manager and Portfolio Director to ensure they are aware of significant changes to the project status in a timely manner
- Communicate project summary, status, financials, etc. to appropriate parties involved in the governance of the project
- Collaborate with the appropriate partners to ensure required resources are assigned to the project for successful delivery
- Assess and ensure that customer experience / stakeholder expectations are appropriately managed
- Build consensus and relationships with project team and business
- Manage and track cash view of all project financials (forecasts and actuals)
- Build and manage project schedule, obtaining input from all project stakeholders to gain buy-in and acceptance of milestones and target completion dates for all project deliverables
- Maintain project RAID log, tracking and managing risks, issues, actions and decisions through to completion by owners
- Adhere to established project management processes ensuring approved scope deliverables are completed
- Oversee scope of the project and collaboratively adjusts scope when necessary, ensuring adherence to established project change management processes
- Adhere to enterprise project gating and governance controls to ensure that projects meet all the performance, quality and compliance standards and conforms to appropriate methodology
Join in on what others in TD Technology Solutions are doing:
- Inspire a positive work environment and help champion quality, innovation, teamwork and service to the business.
- Learn voraciously, stretch your thinking, share your knowledge and educate others.
- Communicate and collaborate with both technical and non-technical professionals.
- Cultivate winning relationships by building trust with business and technology partners.
- Share our commitment to productivity, effectiveness and operational efficiency.
- Embrace change and witness amazing things happen – from the inside.
- Strong knowledge of the Project Management Life Cycle (PMLC) utilizing the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) by PMI
- Solid understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and how it integrates with the PMLC
- Thorough knowledge of Project Management principles, practices, techniques, and tools
- Experience executing programs using different approaches, like Waterfall, Iterative, or Agile
- Experience working in a large matrix organization with a mature EPMO governance support structure
- Excellent leadership skills, with the ability to lead and inspire a team to perform, maximize the contributions of all team members and communicate effectively, with confidence
- Strong collaboration skills to help uncover stakeholder needs and motivations, influence and secure the cooperation of key resources, resolve conflicts and negotiate positive outcomes for the project
- Logical and analytical. Comfortable making decisions under pressure. Able to balance the level of data required to make a decision with the importance of the outcome
- The ability to understand and learn the dynamics of relationships in an organization to identify decision makers and influencers, and to predict how new events or situations will affect the organization
- Resilient under pressure and tight timelines
- Adaptable to a variety of situations, individuals or groups. Understands and appreciates different and opposing perspectives
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification by the Project Management Institute (PMI) is a requirement
- Experience in the Financial Services sector is an asset
- Knowledge of the Clarity PPM application is an asset
- Knowledge of productivity and PM tools (MS Office PC software applications – Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, Visio)
- Relevant university degree or equivalent work experience
- 10 – 15+ years of relevant project management experience, with at least 5 – 7 years managing Technology projects
Make your mark. Join a dynamic team. Explore new ideas. This is your opportunity to impact the future of banking technology in areas and ways you’ve never imagined (at a bank)! Visit techjobs.td.com to learn more.
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Send CV and motivation letter with this link https://jobs.td.com/en/job/7720508/program-manager-toronto-ca/