Edinburgh – £25k – £32k
Posted: Friday, 8 September 2017
Linux/Security Trainee Consultant (Big data, analytics, Redhat, Splunk) Edinburgh
Expected salary of £25,000 – £32,000 although it is subject to experience.
Excellent career opportunity to develop into Security and Big Data Analytics. The ideal candidate will have a good background of working with Linux. You will receive excellent training in Security and in particular, Splunk.
You will train extensively on the Splunk platform, gaining industry accreditation as you go before beginning customer facing consultancy, working on the Splunk platform.
- Work with customers to support and implement Security Information Event Management tool – Splunk
- Complete end-to-end IT security solutions as directed, including security monitoring, solution implementation, architecture and process development in line with industry good practice.
- Work individually and as part of a team to carry out end-to-end implementation and configuration of solutions.
Skills & Experience, Essential:
- Good technical knowledge of Linux from an engineer/system administration level
- Knowledgeable Scripting/programming experience in one of the main languages
- An awareness/interest in IT Security with a hunger to learn and develop
Please click on the apply now button and forward your CV for immediate consideration
ECS clients receive outstanding service with a personal touch, blending a positive customer experience with the expertise and professionalism that delivers remarkable value to some of the biggest, most demanding and heavily regulated businesses.
With a significant and increasing pipeline of work, we are looking to recruit highly talented, ambitious and motivated individuals to join us on our journey. It’s an exciting time to join ECS and a great place to work. If you have the skills and experience as stipulated above, can demonstrate a strong level of achievement in your career and want to join a thriving solutions driven organisation where you can continue to develop your skills, we would like to hear from you. Suffice to say, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package, commensurate with your experience and will provide appropriate training to assist you in achieving your personal goals.
We are an equal opportunities employer. It is our policy to promote an environment free from discrimination, harassment and victimisation.
Please note our fraud prevention process relating to all job applications
Fraud prevention databases have been established for the purpose of allowing employers to share data on their employment fraud cases. Should any investigation identify fraud or the commission or any other offence by you when applying or during your employment with ECS, we will record the details of this on the relevant fraud prevention databases. This information may be accessed from the UK and other countries and used by law enforcement agencies, other employers and potential employers to prevent fraud.